Are you tired of feeling disconnected from your coworkers while working from home? Sick of those super-cordial Zoom meetings where you’re forced to fake a smile the whole time? Do you miss the days of bonding over a cup of coffee or sharing a laugh in the break room? Well, you’re not alone!
Many of us are struggling to maintain a sense of community and connection with our colleagues while working remotely. But fear not, because we have just the solution for you!
Introducing our fun new blog post: Trivia Questions Perfect for Work From Home and Remote Teams. Not only will these questions help you get to know your team members better, but they’ll also provide a fun and engaging way to bond with one another.
From food to landmarks to pop culture, we’ve got a variety of trivia questions that are sure to spark some interesting conversations. Our goal is to help you and your teammates:
- Share a good laugh with each other
- Lower stress levels induced by work
- Bring out both collaboration and friendly competition
- Stretch out some new brain cells by focusing on something non-work-related!
But trivia is not all you’ll get in this post. We’ve also included other prompts and convo topics that will help you and your team members connect on a deeper level. Whether it’s sharing your favorite quarantine hobby or discussing your dream travel destination, these prompts are designed to trigger meaningful conversations and foster a sense of community among your team.
So tell everyone to fill up a cup of coffee or pour a casual pint, hop on your next video call, and get ready to bond with your coworkers in a whole new way! You’ll be laughing and connecting with your team members in no time.
* This post may contain affiliate links. You won’t be paying a cent more, but in the event of a sale, the small affiliate commission I receive will help keep this blog running/pumping out useful content. Thanks!
Before you dive into all the fun, we invite you to bookmark or save some of these other related trivia quizzes for later! There is no end to the trivia fun!
- 50+ Slogan Trivia Questions: Can You Match The Slogan With The Brand?
- 110+ Tech Trivia Questions and Answers
- 145+ Celebrity Trivia Questions For Pop Culture Know-It-Alls
- 225+ Food Trivia Questions And Answers
- 101 Star Wars Trivia Questions and Answers
- 60 Disney Princess Trivia Questions For Your Next Party
- 111+ Marvel and Avengers Trivia Questions and Answers
Fun Work-From-Home Trivia Questions: Would You Rather…
- Would you rather have a pet dinosaur or a pet unicorn?
- Would you rather have to eat a spoonful of hot sauce every hour or drink a gallon of milk every day?
- Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
- Would you rather have a job where you work from home but have to wear a suit every day or have a job where you work in an office but can wear pajamas?
- Would you rather have a personal chef or a personal assistant?
- Would you rather be able to speak every language fluently or be able to play every instrument?
- Would you rather have to do 100 jumping jacks every time you get an email or have to do 10 push-ups every time you send an email?
- Would you rather have a personal masseuse or a personal trainer that can be available at any time you want?
- Would you rather be able to teleport anywhere instantly or be able to fly?
- Would you rather have 5 vacation homes across Europe or 5 vacation homes across Asia?
- Would you rather have to sing every time you speak or dance every time you walk?
- Would you rather have to wear a tutu every day for a year or have to wear a clown wig every day for a year?
- Would you rather be able to talk to animals or be able to speak every human language?
- Would you rather have a personal stylist or a personal shopper?
- Would you rather have a personal masseuse or a personal chef?
- Would you rather have a free personal assistant or a free personal trainer who is also a comedian and can entertain you at any minute/hour of the day?
Fun Work-From-Home Trivia Questions: Multiple Choice
What is the name of the famous French dish that consists of beef stewed in red wine with vegetables? A) Coq au vin B) Beef bourguignon C) Ratatouille
Answer: B) Beef bourguignon
The Angkor Wat, which is the largest religious monument in the world, is located in which country? A) Cambodia B) Thailand C) Vietnam
Answer: A) Cambodia
The ancient city of Tikal, which was once a major Mayan civilization, is located in which country? A) Guatemala B) Mexico C) Belize
Answer: A) Guatemala
What is the name of the famous American musician who is known as the “King of Pop”? A) Elvis Presley B) Michael Jackson C) Prince
Answer: B) Michael Jackson
What is the name of the famous French cheese that is known for its strong smell? A) Roquefort B) Camembert C) Brie
Answer: A) Roquefort
Who played the character of Jack Dawson in the movie “Titanic”? A) Leonardo DiCaprio B) Tom Hanks C) Brad Pitt
Answer: A) Leonardo DiCaprio
What is the highest mountain in the world? A) Mount Kilimanjaro B) Mount Everest C) Mount Fuji
Answer: B) Mount Everest
Who directed the movie “Taxi Driver”? A) Martin Scorsese B) Francis Ford Coppola C) Woody Allen
Answer: A) Martin Scorsese
What is the largest mammal in the world? A) Elephant B) Blue Whale C) Hippopotamus
Answer: B) Blue Whale
The ancient city of Bagan, which has over 2,000 Buddhist temples and pagodas, is located in which country? A) Myanmar B) Thailand C) Laos
Answer: A) Myanmar
What is the name of the famous American author who wrote “The Great Gatsby”? A) Ernest Hemingway B) J.D. Salinger C) F. Scott Fitzgerald
Answer: C) F. Scott Fitzgerald
What is the name of the famous American actor who played the character of Walter White in the TV show “Breaking Bad”? A) Bryan Cranston B) Aaron Paul C) Jesse Plemons
Answer: A) Bryan Cranston
What is the name of the famous American astronaut who was the first person to walk on the moon? A) Neil Armstrong B) Buzz Aldrin C) Michael Collins
Answer: A) Neil Armstrong
What is the name of the famous American singer who is known as the “Queen of Soul”? A) Whitney Houston B) Aretha Franklin C) Tina Turner
Answer: B) Aretha Franklin
Who directed the movie “Jaws”? A) Steven Spielberg B) George Lucas C) James Cameron
Answer: A) Steven Spielberg
What is the name of the famous American author who wrote “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer”? A) Mark Twain B) Ernest Hemingway C) William Faulkner
Answer: A) Mark Twain
The ancient city of Petra, which is carved into rock, is located in which country? A) Jordan B) Egypt C) Lebanon
Answer: A) Jordan
The Terracotta Army, which is a collection of terracotta sculptures depicting the armies of Qin Shi Huang, is located in which country? A) China B) Japan C) South Korea
Answer: A) China
Fun Work-From-Home Trivia Questions: Random Trivia
What drink is Starbucks famous for bringing back on a yearly basis during the fall season?
Answer: Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Coachella 2023 Weekend 1 festival-goers were quite disappointed with which headliner, who didn’t really do much of anything on stage?
Answer: Frank Ocean.
What type of animal was owned by Queen Elizabeth II, who had more than 30 of them during her reign and is known for her love of them?
Answer: Corgis and Dorgis (a cross between a Corgi and a Dachshund).
What is the official state snack of New York?
Answer: Yogurt. Despite the abundance of iconic foods people associate with New York — from pizza to bagels to chopped cheese sandwiches and beyond — they went with yogurt.
In which upbeat, coming-of-age 2002 British film does a character named Jess defy her parents to follow her dream of becoming a soccer player?
Answer: Bend It Like Beckham.
What 2004 documentary by Morgan Spurlock illustrated the popularity of McDonald’s selling bigger portions for just a little more money?
Answer: Super Size Me.
Who is the voice of Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story?
Answer: Tim Allen
How many gallons can a 10-gallon hat hold?
Answer: A 10-gallon hat actually only holds three-quarters of a gallon.
Lamborghini, the well-known automotive brand, began by making what types of vehicles?
True or false: Pink was once considered a color for baby boys, while blue was for baby girls.
Which popular K-pop band announced their hiatus/separation in 2022?
What is the world’s rarest eye color?
Answer: Green. While 8% to 10% of the globe’s inhabitants have blue eyes, only 2% of people have green eyes. In places with concentrated Irish and Scottish populations, green eyes are much more common.
The Great New England Vampire Panic was a fear epidemic that took place in the 1880s where communities in Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Vermont were hit hard with a mysterious illness that slowly drained energy from the sick until they succumbed to the disease. What did this disease turn out to be?
Answer: Tuberculosis, not vampires.
Which internet phone company dud eBay unload in 2007, admitting that it overpaid in buying it for $2.6 billion?
What was Mark Zuckerberg’s major at Harvard University when he launched Facebook in 2004? Computer Science, Communications, or Economics?
Answer: Computer Science.
What 2006 successor to the GameCube attracted a new generation of gamers with a motion-sensitive controller that lent itself to sports games?
Answer: Nintendo Wii.
Which tech giant acquired GPS software Waze in 2013 to enhance its map app with features like real-time accident reports?
What aerobic Latin dance workout craze launched its own clothing line in 2007?
Which store, known for its giant furniture warehouses, sold an estimated 150 million Swedish meatballs in 2013?
McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets actually come in four different shapes–what are they?
Answer: Bone, Bell, Boot, and Ball.
What kids’ snacks, packaged in small boxes with Barnum & Bailey circus graphics, comes in 19 different shapes?
Answer: Animal Crackers.
Arachibutyrophobia is the feat of what sticking to the roof of your mouth?
Answer: Peanut butter.
What is the most expensive item humans have ever created? Hint: It’s out of this world.
Answer: The International Space Station, whose price tag comes in at $100 billion.
What caused the most severe extinction event in Earth’s history — was it a meteor strike, an earthquake, ice age, or volcano eruption?
Answer: Volcano. 252 million years ago, an event known as the End-Permian Extinction, or “the Great Dying,” killed 9 out of every 10 living species on Earth, paving way to the existence of dinosaurs.
Which gemstone was so widely used as wards against intoxication or hangovers in ancient times that it’s where they got their name — meaning “not drunk” in ancient Greek?
Which gemstone gets its name from the Latin word granatus, which means “grain” or “seed,” in this case referring to pomegranate seeds?
What is the name of Queen Elizabeth II’s granddaughter who is married to Prince Harry?
Answer: Meghan Markle.
True or False: Germans were the first to brew beer.
Answer: False; the first concrete evidence of barley beer comes from the ancient Sumerians of Mesopotamia (modern Iraq and Syria).
In Sesame Street, one of the Count’s love interests is _______, who tallies numbers in descending order.
Answer: Countess von Backwards.
True or False: Daylight saving time was implemented for farmers.
Answer: False: In fact, farmers and agricultural workers have largely been opposed to DST since its conception. The practice was originally implemented during World War I to save energy.
What is the name of the book that prepared ancient Egyptians for their journey to the afterlife?
Answer: The Book of the Dead.
What was the first non-English language film to win Best Picture at the Oscars?
Answer: Parasite (directed by Bong Joon-ho).
True or false: High heels were originally created for men.
Answer: True: High-heeled shoes were originally a 10th-century battle accessory. For Persian soldiers on horseback, the shoes were a helpful tool when standing and shooting arrows. A saddle’s stirrups could cradle the arches of heels, enabling leverage when aiming. (Similarly, the heels on cowboy boots prevent riders’ feet from getting tangled in stirrups.)
What year did Christmas become a statutory holiday in Iraq?
Which famous fictional character was visited by three ghosts on Christmas Day?
Answer: Ebenezer Scrooge.
Literally meaning ‘everything in its place’, which 3-word French term describes the measuring and preparation of ingredients prior to cooking?
Answer: Mise en place.
What colorful and spherical cereal is known for denying its mascot the pleasure of eating it?
Answer: Trix (Trix are for kids!).
Fun Work-From-Home Conversation Topics
- What new hobby have you picked up during quarantine?
- What is your dream travel destination and why?
- What is a hidden talent you have that most people don’t know about?
- What is one thing on your bucket list that you haven’t done yet?
- What was your childhood nickname?
- What song have you been listening to on repeat lately?
- What are your top 2 celebrity crushes?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- What is your morning routine like?
- If you read, what is your favorite type of book to read and why?
- What was your dream job when you were a child?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What word can you never spell correctly / what word is the trickiest to spell for you?
- If you had to pick a word to describe how your year is going, what word would you pick?
- What is a non-work goal you set for yourself this year?
Best Trivia Games of 2024
Can’t get enough of the trivia goodness? Neither can we. If you’re looking for trivia games to play with friends/family, here are our favorite trivia board games on the market this year!
Ultimate Pub Trivia
1,100 questions covering 6 different categories
Host your own pub-style trivia nights
4 or more players | Ages 12 and up
Anomia Party Edition
A very popular card game for families, teens and adults!
Fast-paced friendly competition and laugh-til-you cry kind of fun
3-6 players | Ages 10+
…I should have known that! Trivia Game
110 cards with 400+ questions
Instead of points for answering questions right, points are subtracted for every wrong answer
Players 2+ | Ages 14+
And that about wraps up our work-from-home trivia roundup post! Hopefully you were able to gather up some coworkers to try this out with and have fun with them.
If you enjoyed reading this article, check out some of our other trivia topics and quizzes: