Do you love Spongebob Squarepants? We hope you’re a longtime fan of him like we are! Do you also happen to be looking for a fun and challenging way to test your knowledge of Bikini Bottom’s favorite fry cook???
If you think you know everything about the hit Nickelodeon cartoon show SpongeBob SquarePants, then you need to go through our Spongebob trivia questions.
From his humble beginnings as a fry cook at the Krusty Krab to his wacky underwater adventures with Patrick, there’s no limit to what you can learn about Spongebob.
So put on your thinking cap, channel the part of your brain that holds random TV show episodes, and get ready for some nostalgic fun! Here are all of our favorite Spongebob trivia questions — conveniently located in one spot for ya!
* This post may contain affiliate links. You won’t be paying a cent more, but in the event of a sale, the small affiliate commission I receive will help keep this blog running/pumping out useful content. Thanks!
Before we get started — we invite you to bookmark or save some of these other pop culture-related trivia quizzes for later!
- 170 TV Show Trivia Questions For TV Series Fans
- 165 Kids Movie Trivia Questions For Young Movie Buffs
- 250 Fun Pop Culture Trivia Questions and Answers
- 110 Science Fiction Movie and TV Trivia Questions
- 95 EDM Music Trivia Questions For Dance Music Lovers
- 115 Movie Quote Trivia Questions For Movie Buffs
- 100 Trivia Questions All About Fantasy Movies
85 Spongebob Trivia Questions and Answers
- What is the name of Plankton’s computer wife?
- Answer: Karen.
- What is Plankton’s first name?
- Answer: Sheldon.
- What is the name of the bar that Spongebob tries to get into by acting tough?
- Answer: The Salty Spitoon.
- What happened to Mr. Puff?
- Answer: He was turned into a lamp.
- The best time to wear a striped sweater is?
- Answer: All the time.
- When Patrick turned the “M” on Mermaidman’s utility belt upside down, what does he say it stands for?
- Answer: Wumbo.
- What is the name of the giant creature that eats Sandy’s tail?
- Answer: Alaskan Bull Worm.
- Who was number one?
- Answer: Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen.
- When Spongebob and Squidward are working a graveyard shift, who does Squidward try to scare Spongebob with?
- Answer: The Hash Slinging Slasher.
- Who was flickering the lights on and off when Spongebob and Squidward were working the graveyard shift?
- Answer: Nosferatu.
- What is the phrase that Doodlebob is known for saying?
- Answer: Me hoy minoy.
- When Spongebob decides to live inside forever, what 3 items does he say are his friends?
- Answer: A chip, a used napkin, and a penny.
- When Patrick picks up the phone at the Krusty Krab and a customer asks, “Is this the Krusty Krab?” How does Patrick respond?
- Answer: He says, “No, this is Patrick.”
- What is the name of Squidward’s arch nemesis from high school?
- Answer: Squilliam Fancyson III.
- What is Spongebob’s alarm clock?
- Answer: A foghorn.
- Where does Bubble Bass hide the pickles from his burger?
- Answer: Under his tongue.
- What is Sandy’s full name?
- Answer: Sandy Cheeks.
- What is the shape of Squidward’s house?
- Answer: An Easter Island head statue.
- When Patrick asks, “Is ________ an instrument?” What item is he asking about?
- Answer: Mayonnaise.
- Who is the voice actor for Gary the snail?
- Answer: Tom Kenny, who also voices Spongebob.
- What is the name of the seahorse Spongebob tries to keep as a pet?
- Answer: Mystery.
- What tactic do Spongebob and Patrick use to prevent a sea bear attack?
- Answer: Draw an anti-sea bear circle in the dirt around them.
- What state is Sandy from?
- Answer: Texas.
- What is Mr. Krabs’ full name?
- Answer: Eugene H. Krabs.
- When Spongebob takes the wrong bus home, what deep sea trench city does he end up in?
- Answer: Rock Bottom.
- When Sandy is hibernating, what are the names of the Texas outlaws that Spongebob and Patrick pretend to be?
- Answer: Dirty Dan and Pinhead Larry.
- What were Spongebob and Patrick tasked to do at Mr. Krab’s house when they accidentally ruined his first dollar?
- Answer: Paint the inside of Mr. Krab’s house.
- Other than Spongebob Squarepants, can you name one other show that stars Tom Kenny as a voice actor?
- Answer: He voiced roles in Rocko’s Modern Life, The Powerpuff Girls, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Adventure Time.
- Who is the lifeguard at the Goo Lagoon?
- Answer: Larry the Lobster.
- In the episode, “Something Smells,” what is the reason why everyone in Bikini Bottom was revolted by Spongebob?
- Answer: Spongebob ate a sundae that made his breath smell bad.
- What was Spongebob originally going to be named?
- Answer: Spongeboy.
- In the episode, “Procrastination,” Spongebob was required to write an essay about what not to do at a stoplight. What was the one word Spongebob was able to get down after hours of procrastination?
- Answer: “The”.
- In the Spongebob movie, what is the name of the peanut shaped mascot of Spongebob and Patrick’s favorite ice cream bar?
- Answer: Goofy Goober.
- What is Spongebob’s catchphrase?
- Answer: I’m ready!
- In the first episode, what seemingly nonexistent item do Squidward and Mr. Krabs send Spongebob out to get, expecting him to fail?
- Answer: A hydro-dynamic spatula.
- When Spongebob and Patrick first meet Sandy, what substance do they claim they can do without?
- Answer: Water.
- In the pizza delivery episode, what is Spongebob referring to when he says, “The pioneers used to ride these babies around for miles”.
- Answer: A boulder.
- After leaving his refrigerator open, what sickness does Spongebob catch?
- Answer: The suds.
- When Pearl takes over the Krusty Krab, what does she rename it as?
- Answer: The Kuddly Krab.
- What is the name for the colorful Krabby Patties that Spongebob sells?
- Answer: Pretty Patties.
- In the episode, “Life of Crime,” what item do Patrick and Spongebob think they stole which makes them criminals?
- Answer: A balloon.
- What is the name of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy’s secret hideout?
- Answer: Mermalair.
- In order to escape the Flying Dutchman’s ship, what place do Spongebob and Patrick have to go through to leave?
- Answer: The perfume department.
- What was inside of Patrick’s secret box?
- Answer: It was a piece of brown string, but once pulled, reveals an embarrassing photo of Spongebob from the Christmas party.
- What are the names of Patrick’s fake parents?
- Answer: Marty and Janet.
- In the episode, “Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V,” what does E.V.I.L stand for?
- Answer: Every villian is lemons.
- What is the name of prehistoric Spongebob?
- Answer: SpongeGar.
- What is the name of the boy band that Pearl is a huge fan of?
- Answer: Boys Who Cry.
- What is the name of Spongebob and Patrick’s favorite amusement park?
- Answer: Glove World.
- How does Squidward become more handsome?
- Answer: His face gets slammed into a door.
- Who is the leader of the jellyfishing club, the Jellyspotters?
- Answer: Kevin C. Cucumber.
- What is the name of King Neptune’s daughter?
- Answer: Princess Mindy.
- What common household pet does Gary bear the most resemblance to?
- Answer: A cat. Gary communicates with ‘meow!’ most of the time and purrs.
- Squidward enjoys playing a musical instrument in his free time. What instrument is this?
- Answer: A clarinet.
55. How many fingers (including the thumbs) does SpongeBob have?
- Answer: 8.
56. Who is SpongeBob’s superhero idol?
- Answer: Mermaid Man.
57. SpongeBob decided to make a sundae in the episode “Something Smells”, but they were out of ice cream. What ingredients went into his sundae instead?
- Answer: Ketchup, chopped onions, and his old peanut plant.
58. According to the opening song, what three adjectives are used to describe SpongeBob?
- Answer: Absorbent, yellow, and porous.
59. In one episode, Gary briefly ditches SpongeBob for Patrick. What of Patrick’s does Gary actually want?
- Answer: Gary just wanted the cookie hidden in Patrick’s pants pocket.
60. What character does Tom Kenny’s wife play?
- Answer: Karen, Plankton’s computer wife.
61. What is Mr. Krabs’ ship’s name?
- Answer: S. S. Cheapskate.
62. What is Sandy’s full name, including her middle name?
- Answer: Sandra Jennifer Cheeks.
63. In what year did the first episode of Spongebob Squarepants air on Nickelodeon?
- Answer: 1999.
64. Can you name at least 2 celebrities who made guest appearances on SpongeBob?
- Answer: LeBron James, David Bowie, Will Ferrell, Tina Fey, Johnny Depp, David Hasselhoff, and Scarlett Johannson.
65. Which muscular celebrity appeared in the first SpongeBob movie?
- Answer: David Hasselhoff.
66. During what activity does SpongeBob wear his glasses?
- Answer: Jellyfishing.
67. What is Mr. Krabs’ pets name?
- Answer: Mr. Doodles.
68. What does Squidward paint pictures of the most?
- Answer: Himself.
69. Aside from playing the clarinet, what is something else Squidward enjoys?
- Answer: Riding his bicycle or dancing.
70. In the “Plankton’s Army” episode, where did Squidward say that Mr. Krabs keeps the secret formula for the Krabby Patty?
- Answer: At home under his mattress.
71. What is Spongebob’s interpretation of what F.U.N. stands for?
- Answer: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me, N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!
72. What is Plankton’s interpretation of what F.U.N. stands for?
- Answer: F is for fire that burns down the whole town, U is for uranium bombs, N is for no survivors!
73. In the episode, “Help Wanted”, what type of fish invades the Krusty Krab and starts practically destroying the restaurant because they’re hungry?
- Answer: Anchovies.
74. What is the name of the beach where the characters in Bikini Bottom like to go?
- Answer: Goo Lagoon.
75. What day of the month is the annual Annoy Squidward Day?
- Answer: The 15th.
76. Which character often shouts “My leg!” in various episodes?
- Answer: Fred the Fish.
77. What is Squidward’s last name?
- Answer: Tentacles.
78. What does SpongeBob call his spatula?
- Answer: Spat.
79. What is the name of SpongeBob’s driving school?
- Answer: Mrs. Puff’s Boating School.
80. What is the secret ingredient in Krabby Patties?
- Answer: Love (affectionately referred to as a “Krabby Patty secret formula”).
81. What is the name of the fictional kelp drink that appears in several episodes?
- Answer: Kelpo.
82. What is the name of Squidward’s clarinet?
- Answer: Clarabelle.
83. What is the title of the episode where SpongeBob and Patrick become parents to a baby clam?
- Answer: “Rock-a-Bye Bivalve”.
84. In the episode “Band Geeks,” what song does the Bikini Bottom Super Band perform at the Bubble Bowl?
- Answer: “Sweet Victory”.
85. What is the name of evil Man Ray’s sidekick?
- Answer: Dirty Bubble.
If you enjoyed reading this article, check out some of our other trivia topics and quizzes: